The Center for Bioethics and Social Sciences in Medicine (CBSSM) Research Colloquium was held Tuesday, May 1, 2018 at the Henderson Room, Michigan League, 911 N. University Avenue, Ann Arbor, MI 48109.
The CBSSM Research Colloquium featured the Bishop Lecture in Bioethics as the keynote address. Barbara Koenig, PhD presented the Bishop Lecture with a talk entitled: “Does Enhancing Individual Choice and Control Promote Freedom? Challenges in Contemporary Bioethics."
The CBSSM Research Colloquium (9 a.m. to 2 p.m.) brings together presenters highlighting research related to bioethics, health communication, and medical decision making.
2018 Colloquium Schedule:
- 8:30 Check in, refreshments
- 9:05 Welcome
- 9:10 Presentation 1: “Parent Perceptions of Antenatal Consultation for Extreme Prematurity" Stephanie Kukora, MD
- 9:35 Presentation 2: “Hospice Care Quality in U.S. Nursing Homes Reported by Patients and Caregivers in Yelp Reviews” Chithra Perumalswami, MD, MSc
- 10:00 Medical Student in Ethics Award: Megan Lane
- 10:10 Presentation 3: “Impact of MCI on Patient and Care Partner Preferences and Physician Decision Making for Cardiovascular Treatment” Bailey Reale, MPH & Emilie Blair
- 10:35 Presentation 4: “It’s all about Context: A Mixed-Methods Study of Local Context Assessment by Institutional Review Boards” Adrianne Haggins, MD
- 11:00 Break
- 11:15 Bishop Lecture: Barbara Koenig, PhD
- 12:45 Lunch